by Sabee Chai Sek Shiang
The 5S’s is always simple yet very essential for successful companies today to drive to the way for high quality, improving productivity and and increasing efficiency. It is the most basic foundamental for everyone to work in a comfortable, healthy and productive life. It is also a set of techniques providing a structured approach to adopt housekeeping within Lean.The elements of 5S are the acronym of 5 Japanese words that are Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu and Shitsuke.
- Seiri is the identification of the Sort, Systematization or Simplify.
- Seiton is the orderliness and a series of steps by which the optimum organization identified in the first pillar are put into place.
- Seiso is the cleanliness.
- Seiketsu is the standardization of cleanup.
- Shitsuke is the last: Sustain or Self-discipline.